Last updated on January 4th, 2018 at 08:29 am
Picking the absolute best product to purchase can be difficult when you have a lot of possibilities to pick from. That is exactly the reason why we have assembled this in-depth list of the Top 10 Best Sous Vide Machines 2018. So you can have a look at the best and pick your favorite.
Best Sous Vide Machines 2018
Sous Vide is French for “under vacuum.” You don´t have to be a master cook to use this cooking method; it´s straightforward to learn to cook delicious food using this unique method. There are two main varieties of sous vide cooking methods both of them serve a similar purpose which is to cook food at a steady temperature. These two main types are immersion circulators and sous vide ovens. You might ask “how is this done?” well it´s easy it´s done by simply vacuum sealing your food before you cook it and then put the food into hot water. Then you set the temperature you want the food to cook at consistently throughout the process, and the sous vide machine takes care of the rest. Because you are cooking in exactly controlled, low-temperature water, it is incredibly difficult to over or undercook the food, which makes this cooking method user-friendly for beginners and also for more advanced cooks.
Best Sous Vide Immersion Circulators
The reason why the immersion circulator is super popular at the moment is that they are so easy to use. Also, they are an innovative new way to cook sous vide. One of the big benefits of using immersion circulators is that you can use them with an ordinary pot, and immersion circulators work just as fine as the more traditional big sous vide machines. You can´t cook a meal in a hurry when using sous vide equipment you have to plan ahead because you are cooking at a low temperature over an extended period of time. That is the reason why the end result is great because you are cooking the meat, fish, vegetables, etc., slow and steady to achieve the best cooking result.
There is no doubt that the Anova precision cooker is one of the best home sous vide machine available to purchase in the market today. This innovative product can send notifications to your mobile phone keeping you informed on the exact cooking temperature and overall status. You can use almost any size of cooking pot or container with this product. The new version that is both Bluetooth and WiFi enabled has 900 watts of power and also it circulates the water more rapidly. You can cook everything from fish, meats, vegetables, and more with this sous vide equipment. The cooker has a stainless steel skirt and disk that are detachable and dishwasher safe. The tank capacity is 4-5 gallons(15-19 Liters). The temp range is from 77 degrees Fahrenheit to 210 degrees Fahrenheit ± 0.01°F (25 degrees Celsius to 99 degrees Celsius ± 0.01°C). The minimum immersion depth is about 2.5 inches(6.35 centimeters). This product has a 360-degree directional pump and a pump speed of 1-1.2 GPM(7-8 LPM).
This sous vide equipment cooks the food to a precise temperature which generates supreme tenderness, and moisture preservation with out the worry of overcooking, so it´s incredibly simple to use for everybody from beginners cooks all the way to master chefs.
– Bluetooth/WiFi: You can set and control the cooker remotely. You can stop, start and monitor your cooking process closely from wherever you are.
– Precise Temperature: The Anova sous vide cooker circulates and heats the water in the pot to evenly cook the food to an exact temperature, and that guarantees a perfect result every time.
– Simple Interface: It´s easy to establish the temperature and time manually on this device. You can also use the unique Anova culinary app to find your cooking settings and pressing start.
– Easy To Use: There is no fancy equipment needed to use this device just attach the machine to any size of cooking pot, add the appropriate amount of water, insert your vacuum sealed ingredients into the pot and press start.
– Underpowered: The heating element is not as powerful as some of the other sous vide machines in the market.
The Chefsteps Joule is in many ways as good as the product above.
This sous vide cooker works in any pot with a broad range of water volumes and levels. From 1.5 inches(38 mm) of water all the way up to 10 gallons(40 Liters). This product is small at just 11 inches and weighing about 1.3 pounds. The magnetic base and side clip can attach to most pots. There are no buttons or display on this product it is entirely controlled using a smartphone or tablet computer. You control this device through the app using Bluetooth or a WiFi connection. The design is fantastic, and it looks great in any kitchen.
– Powerful: With 1100 watts of power and has one of the fastest water heating capabilities on the market.
– Precise Temperature control: this device controls the heat precisely to 0.2 degrees Fahrenheit(0.1 degrees Celsius)
– Mobile App: You can control this product with a free mobile app also, in the app there are guided recipes and fantastic features like visual doneness that guarantees that everybody achieves great results.
– No special equipment needed: You can use this device with pots you have already in your kitchen. You don´t require a vacuum sealer you can use any ziplock-style freezer bag.
– Voltage: Only works with 120 V outlets. The use of voltage transformers and converters can damage the Joule in some cases because the product uses a precise heating technology.
– No Display: To some people, this can be a minor drawback. There is no screen and no buttons it´s entirely controlled from a smartphone or tablet. This means that you can´t start the cook or change the temperature from the device itself you have to do that through your smartphone or tablet computer.
This product is similar to other devices on this list in regards to it allows you to control the temperature and timer from anywhere using your smartphone and a special app made by the manufacturer.
This product clips onto any pot and immediately turns into an accurate temperature-controlled water bath that flawlessly cooks your food.
– Powerful: This product is powerful with 1100 watts.
– WiFi: This sous vide machine WiFi connected so you can create and send recipes of what you want to cook straight to the device and also an added benefit is that you can control the temperature from the smart phone.
– Clips onto any pot: It´s easy to attach this device to any pot.
– Control from anywhere: You can control this sous vide equipment with an app from anywhere just use your smart phone to make adjustments on the go.
– Not as easy to use as some of the other options. The navigation is more complex and not as intuitive.
The Sainsaire sous vide cooker helps you turn any container or pot into a sous-vide water bath. It´s easy to clip this sous vide equipment onto any pot and then set your desired temperature with intuitive controls that are easy to use. You can use it with maximum water levels of 6 gallons. It works with most food-grade freezer bags, that means you don´t have to use vacuum sealers to be able to utilize this sous vide cooker. If you want to achieve the absolute best results, then it´s recommended to use heavy-duty zipper bags. The pump system on this product circulates the water without relying on convection currents, and because of that, there are no hot or cool spots instead the water bath is uniformly heated which is a big plus.
– Display: LED screen that displays the temperature setting in bright easy to read numbers.
– Accurate Temperature Settings: The temperature setting and control on this device is excellent and holds the temperature to within a 0.1°C of the desired temperature.
– Power: It has a 1000 Watts motor. The powerful heating element on this device brings the water up to the correct temperature quickly and efficiently.
– Quiet Motor: The motor on this machine is relatively quiet and circulates the water effectively for proper cooking.
– The clip on this device lacks gripping power.
– The unit is a little bit bulkier than some of the other sous vide machines on the market.
The Gourmia sous vide cooker is a low-cost alternative. It´s easy to use and can be utilized with most 3.5 gallons pots. The temperature accuracy is great, and you can set the temperature within a ± 0.01-degree precision, so it gives you complete control over the cooking process. Using the main control panel on this device is easy. Also, you can pick from three distinct colors which are gold, black and white.
– Price: This sous vide machine is significantly cheaper than some of the other options available.
– Recipes Included: Gourmet recipes are included with the purchase of the Gourmia GSV 130.
– Easy to Use: This sous vide equipment is user-friendly, it has a digital display and a beautiful design, so it looks great in every kitchen.
– No Alarm: This device has no alarm you can set to let you know when it reaches your preferred temperature.
– Durability: Some users have reported that this device is not durable.
The sous vide machine from Kitchen Gizmo is intuitive and easy to use with predictable results. The clip used on this sous vide equipment makes it able to fit almost any pot that because it uses a strong-grip clip. It cooks precisely with temperature all the way up to 194 degrees Fahrenheit and with a margin of error of less than ± 1 degree Fahrenheit. It´s ETL certified which is fantastic. This sous vide equipment has an 800-watt motor and a powerful water circulator that pumps 8LPM(Liters per minute). This device has a touchscreen as the main control panel which makes easy to switch from degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit. When this product is charging or working or has any errors, the indicator will let you know.
– Quiet: this device is reasonably quiet in operation.
– Free Bonus: When you purchase this product you get a cookbook with great sous vide recipes included.
– Low Maintenance: This device has a sleeve that is easy to remove and clean.
– Easy Navigation: This sous vide cooker has a user-friendly selection wheel that allows you to set and adjust the time and temperature easily.
– Safety Feature: The main safety feature will only work when inserted in water above the minimum amount water level if removed it stops working.
– No WiFi or Bluetooth: Does not connect to a smart phone via WiFi or Bluetooth like some of the different products on this list.
This second generation sous vide cooker is a popular alternative to some of the other products on this list. This product clips to almost any pot up to 10 gallons. You only have to set the dial and then just relax while this product takes care of all the heavy lifting and cooks for you. Like many other sous vide cookers there is a cook book included when you purchase this sous vide equipment which makes it easy for beginners to start making delicious restaurant quality dishes from the comfort of their own homes. This cooker circulates heated water accurately that produces a great tasting food every time. This device comes in five different colors so it should look great in any kitchen around the world. The thermostat on this product is continuously monitoring the temperature of the water and adjusts the temperature and the circulation to ensure consistency of the cooking process.
– Powerful Motor: Has a 1200 watt motor which makes this one of the most powerful sous vide machines available on the market today.
– Accurate: Has an active control thermostat which allows for a precise temperature setting with a margin of error of about +/- 0.01 degrees. The pump on this product is compatible with others on the market; it pumps up to 2.1 gallons per minute.
– Loud: Some users have reported that it´s noisy because it circulates the water forcefully because it´s so powerful that it makes a little noise, but the motor overall is reasonably quiet.
This sous vide machine allows beginners and professionals to make restaurant quality dishes from the comfort of their own home. It gives you predictable results every time. This product has an 800W motor that is quick to heat the water in most cases. This device allows you to cook your food accurately with a precision of +/- 0.1 degrees between 104-194 degrees Fahrenheit and between 40-90 degrees Celsius. It has an easy-scroll selection wheel that lets you set and change the time and temperature effortlessly. The grip on this product has a rubberized coating which makes it easy and comfortable to hold. The pump on this sous vide cooker circulates 8.50 LPM(Liters per minute) and 2.25 GPM(Gallons per minute). The maximum amount of water you can use with this product is 15 Liters.
– Easy To Clean: This product has a secure stand-up design, you can remove the stainless steel pump housing, so it´s straightforward to clean this device. Just simply wash and air dry the pump housing. It is recommended to not rinse the top central part of the immersion circulator in water.
– Simple to use: Work with any container or pot you just need to attach the product to a pot of any dimension with the clamp that is easily adjusted. Then, you just set the desired temperature and time and press start the product takes care of everything else. Therefore, it´s easy to operate, and you don´t need any special fancy equipment to be able to use this sous vide cooker.
– Large Digital LCD Display: This sous vide machine has a big digital display that allows you to control and make adjustments to the temperature and time both in Fahrenheit and Celsius.
– Voltage: It only works with 110v so if you want to use it with a 220v you need to purchase a voltage converter to get it to work.
This sous vide cooker is cheaper than some of the other options on this list however it does not have the WiFi, and Bluetooth connectivity like some of the other sous vide machines on this list so keep that in mind. Wancle did that intentionally because they wanted to make a product that focuses on the core aspect which is the cooker itself. It has a sleeve made from stainless steel which makes this device easy to clean and dry out quickly and efficiently. This product has a digital control panel which allows you to precisely set the time to minutes and the temperature of within a ± 0.1 degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit. The temperature range of this product is from 25 degrees Celsius all the way up to 99.9 degrees Celsius and from 77 degrees Fahrenheit to 211.8 degrees Fahrenheit. You can cook any food you like with this sous vide equipment, and it has a maximum time control of 99 hours and 59 minutes.
– Warranty: There is a 24-months warranty included with this product.
– Alarm: This product beeps and lets you know when it reaches the desired temperature and also beeps when it´s almost up to the correct temperature.
– Design: The design of this product allows you to operate this device with only one hand. The curved design prevents mist from reaching the control panel. It´s made from food grade stainless steel and has a built in low water level and overheat protection mechanism.
– Silent: This product makes less noise while in use compared to some of the other available options on this list.
– No WiFi or Bluetooth: You can´t control the device with your smartphone through either WiFi or Bluetooth.
– Power: There are other more powerful cookers available on the market. However, most of them cost significantly more. Also, it heats the water a little bit more slowly than other cookers because it´s less powerful.
This product has a beautiful design that prevents the mist from reaching the control panel. It has a low water level protection and also an overheating protection mechanism. This device has a digital control of the temperature, and the temperature range on this device is from 25 degrees Celsius up to 99.9 degrees Celsius and from 77 degrees Fahrenheit to 211.8 degrees Fahrenheit. You can set and adjust the temperature to within a ± 0.1 degrees Celsius or Fahrenheit.
The pumping speed on this machine is 7-8 LPM (Liters per minute) and the maximum time control is 99 hours and 59 minutes. The cooker has a minimum water level of 6.35 centimeters.
– Clips to Any pot: This device clips onto any pot and holds the pod upright and vertical throughout the cooking process.
– Touchscreen Control: The large control panel is simple to use and shows working time, temperature and power.
– Alarm: The product lets you know when it reaches the desired temperature.
– Support: Minimal product support
– No Wifi or Bluetooth connectivity: To some people this a disadvantage since it does not allow you to control the device from a smart phone using Wifi or Bluetooth. However, to some people this a good thing since it simplifies everything.
Best Sous Vide Oven
Sous Vide Supreme Demi Water Oven
This product has a maximum cooking capacity of 8.7 liters(2.3 gallons) and a total volume of about 2.96 gallons(11.2 liters). The temperature can be maintained for hours or days. Temperature control on this device keeps the water at a correct temperature within one degree of its desired setting. This product provides a simple way to prepare and make fantastic meals. The temperature range is from 86 degrees Fahrenheit to 210 degrees Fahrenheit and from 30 degrees Celsius to 99 degrees Celsius. The temperature is adjustable in increments of 1-degree Fahrenheit and 0.5-degree Celsius.
– Easy Clean-up: When you finish cooking with this device just empty it and wipe it down on the inside with a soft cloth.
– Foolproof and easy: It´s straightforward to use this product to cook great tasting meals.
– Energy-efficient: Once this product reaches the desired temperature it uses the equivalent to a 60W light bulb, so it´s energy efficient.
– Great Design: This sous vide oven has a sleek design, and the lid can also be used as a drip plate for pouch transport.
– Quiet: this product is quiet when in use.
– Expensive: This product is expensive; however, you get a lot of value for your money.
This product allows for complete control over the cooking process with precise circulation control and temperature control. This device has a smart design with an easy read display and an exterior that stays cool. It also has a temperature setting that is highly customizable. A rack is included with the purchase of this product, and the rack allows you to cook 12 packages or bags at the same time that are vacuum sealed. This product has a water capacity of 8.5 Liters. The active control thermostat on this product observes the water temperature and modifies the temperature and circulation for the best consistency. You get a bonus recipe book included when you purchase this sous vide oven.
– Quiet: This sous vide oven is quiet when in operation.
– Temperature Control: The interior on this sous vide machine maintains the temperature you selected precisely.
– Easy to Use: This device is easy to use, everything is controlled from a control panel that is backlit and lets you select and set the temperature and time efficiently.
– Design: This product has an intelligent design that allows for 12 vacuum sealed packages to be cooked at the same time.
– Price: This sous vide oven is cheaper than many of the other available options on the market.
– Size: It´s not the biggest oven available. However, this size should work fine for most people.
– Durability: Since it´s cheap it´s perhaps not made from the most durable materials.
Best Sous Vide Container
LIPAVI Sous Vide Container Model C10
This sous vide tub has a water capacity of 3.0 gallons (12 quarts). The dimensions of this product are 12.7 x 10.3 inches. One of the main benefits of purchasing this sous vide cooking container is that many tailored lids are available to purchase as well that fit with sous vide machines from Anova, Nomiku, Sansaire, and Polyscience.
Best Sous Vide Cooker
Overall the Anova WiFi/Bluetooth Precision Cooker is best for most people. However, there are many other great choices on this list it all comes down to personal preference and taste, and that fits your lifestyle the best. These in-depth sous vide cooker reviews tried to help guide you in purchasing the absolute best product that will do an excellent job an produce many restaurant quality dishes.
Sous Vide Machine Reviews
Hopefully, the sous vide reviews help you decide what machine to purchase. It´s important to pick a device that has an excellent track record and lot of great reviews because it sucks to buy some product and be excited to use it only to discover that it does not live up to its full potential.
What Types of Food can be cooked with Sous Vide
There are many different types of foods you can cook with sous vide cooking equipment. The sous vide reviews cover machines that all share similar benefits because most them allow you to cook a diverse set of foods with your cooker. Steak, Chicken, Beef, fish, eggs, vegetables, etc. these are just some of the different foods you can cook with sous vide the best device that produces amazing tender delicious dishes that will turn you into a master chef in the eyes of your friends and loved ones. People are always experimenting with different recipes and seeing what can be cooked with these amazing devices.
Sous Vide Cooking Equipment
With most of the products we cover in this in-depth sous vide equipment reviews buying guide, they don’t require any additional fancy equipment to be purchased. That’s excellent because it makes this very beginner friendly simply just pick a machine you like and then attach it to any pot and pour some water into the pot and then insert the bag with the food and let the cooking process begin. It´s necessary to follow recipes in the beginning because you want to cook the meat at the right temperature for the right duration of time otherwise your first cooking experience with sous vide can be a bad one if the meat is undercooked. Also, the price points of the equipment is extremely diverse so most people should find a great product that fits within their budget and will look fabulous in their kitchen. One of the main advantages of using sous vide is that it´s extremely beginner friendly and it´s complicated to overcook a piece of meat or fish because it´s cooking over a longer period of time with a lower temperature. It´s the slow and steady process that produces the tender, delicious taste of all the food you will cook. I hope that these sous vide reviews will help you in your quest to purchase a great product.